Anti-Bribery and corruption Policy
Tambun Indah Land Berhad and its subsidiaries (“TILB” or “the Group”) are committed to the highest standards of integrity in all of our business dealings and relationships, to practise ethical conduct and to comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
The Board of Directors of the Group (“the Board”) and management undertake stringent measures to prevent, detect and respond effectively to bribery and corruption through the implementation and oversight of TILB’s Anti-Bribery Management System (“ABMS”). The Group’s policy is that all forms of bribery and corruption will not be tolerated.
Hence, we abide by the following:-
- The prohibition of receiving or soliciting bribes, gifts or any other items of any value applies to all of our employees and business associates acting for or on behalf of TILB without exception.
- Appropriate disciplinary action shall be taken against employees who engages in any form of bribe or corruption. In case of a breach by external parties, penalties which may involve termination of contract shall be taken or if necessary, legal proceedings may be initiated.
- Employees or third parties shall not be penalised or suffer from retaliation for refusing to pay, receive or participate in bribery or illicit activities.
- Suitable medium shall be maintained for parties to raise concerns or incidents of any improper conduct within TILB.
- Reasonable due diligence checks shall be conducted on all prospective employees and business associates prior to and throughout their engagement with TILB.
- Contracts shall be awarded on the principle of meritocracy.
- The commitment to uphold a corruption-free environment shall be instilled in our employees through a leadership by example approach and clear communication to all third parties acting for or on behalf of TILB.
- The functionality and improvement of the ABMS shall be formally reviewed by the Group’s compliance function at planned intervals.
All TILB personnel and business associates are expected to read, understand and comply with the requirements laid out in the ABMS. No leniency or exception will be granted to any party who has committed or who is found to be involved in acts of bribery and corruption.